Here are details of the next walk. Contact the club Secretary to reserve a seat on the coach.
Tag: upper swaledale
Aycliffe Fell Walking Club – Yorks Dales – Upper Swaledale – Muker to Reeth. Saturday 15 January, 2011.
This is a reminder of the next walk and to provide you with the information sheet and the walk map prepared by Mick Beadle and Alan Holmes. Instructions for booking your place are on the sheet which is attached. Note that these have changed.
1. Reminder: there’ll be no en-route boot stop during the outward coach journey!
2. The coach will drop off as required between Reeth and Muker.
3. Remember that we are still in the grip of winter! When selecting a walk please allow for the slowing effect of snow-covered ground. Be sure to take plenty of warm clothing, including headwear & gloves, plus a reliable torch!
4. In case of emergency contact INEOS Security on 01325 303555 and / or advise Alan Holmes on 07791 239008
5. Recommended “end of walk” hostelry is the Black Bull in Reeth village centre. The coach will depart promptly at 6.30 pm.
Now that we are starting a new walking year and because there are a number of people who joined us this year, I have also attached:
– “Guidance notes for members” that include what to do in an emergency.
– A list of the walks for 2011 in pdf form.
Best wishes and a Happy New Year to you all!
Information Sheet : Yorks_Dales – Swaledale