Category: Yearly Programme
Please see the 2020 Walk Programme in the following link:
Please use the link below to see the walks that are planned for 2019.
Attached is the finalised outings programme for 2016. Please note walk dates and enter them into your year planner now!
The programme of walks for 2015 looks very interesting – and will hopefully provide some truly memorable days in the company of friends, in the great outdoors!
This is a re-issue of the 2014 outings sheet. The April Daffodil Walk originally clashed with Easter Weekend, hence has been brought forward a week, to Saturday April 12th with this revision.
Hadrians Wall Walk – Brampton to Haltwhistle, Saturday October 15th 2011
There was an error regarding the route of the coach that Alan Holmes has now corrected in the attachment to this email. Note that the coach will not be going through Barnard Castle.
Aycliffe Fell Walking Club – Hadrians Wall – Brampton to Haltwhistle, Saturday 15 October 2011
This is a reminder of the next walk and to provide you with the information sheet. Instructions for booking your place are on the sheet which is attached.
1. Please note that the AGM & social evening will take place on Wednesday 2 November at 7.30 pm in the INEOS Newton Aycliffe Sports & Social Club Pavilion. The bar will be open and there will be facilities for showing digital photographs so please bring these along if you have some.
2. The time has come to collect suggestions for the 2012 walks. We will receive these on the Hadrians Wall walk or you can send them by email to Alan Holmes on firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone at the AGM will vote on the nominations to select those for 2012.
3. If you have any motions to raise at the AGM, please let me know by Friday 21st October by email (email@example.com) or phone (01325 303683)
Info Sheet : Hadrians Wall Brampton to Haltwhistle
Programme of Walks for 2011:
Here is a link to the outings for 2011
Members voted on the walks to be undertaken in 2011. Volunteering walk champions were also identified!
Selected walks: – Walk Champions
Swaledale – Mick Beadle
Esk Valley to Whitby (NYM) – Alan Holmes
Kent Valley to Staveley (Lake District) – Alan Fowler
Patterdale to Pooley Bridge (Lake District) – Geoff Sinderson (AH)
Berwick to Seahouses (Northumbrian Coast) – Alan Fowler
Buttermere (Lake District) – Rob Turner
Seatoller to Keswick (Lake District) – Alan Holmes
Hadrians Wall – Brampton to Haltwhistle (Pennines) – Sheila & Maria
Arncliffe to Malham (Dales) – Geoff Sinderson (AH)
Wensleydale – Geoff Jackson
Aycliffe Fell Walking Club – Yorks Dales – Upper Swaledale – Muker to Reeth. Saturday 15 January, 2011.
This is a reminder of the next walk and to provide you with the information sheet and the walk map prepared by Mick Beadle and Alan Holmes. Instructions for booking your place are on the sheet which is attached. Note that these have changed.
1. Reminder: there’ll be no en-route boot stop during the outward coach journey!
2. The coach will drop off as required between Reeth and Muker.
3. Remember that we are still in the grip of winter! When selecting a walk please allow for the slowing effect of snow-covered ground. Be sure to take plenty of warm clothing, including headwear & gloves, plus a reliable torch!
4. In case of emergency contact INEOS Security on 01325 303555 and / or advise Alan Holmes on 07791 239008
5. Recommended “end of walk” hostelry is the Black Bull in Reeth village centre. The coach will depart promptly at 6.30 pm.
Now that we are starting a new walking year and because there are a number of people who joined us this year, I have also attached:
– “Guidance notes for members” that include what to do in an emergency.
– A list of the walks for 2011 in pdf form.
Best wishes and a Happy New Year to you all!
Information Sheet : Yorks_Dales – Swaledale
Here is a list of walks for 2010. There are 10 outings altogether, with walks in all months except June and August. There is however a camping trip organised for a weekend in June (Reeth).
Aycliffe Fell Walking Club – Walks for 2009
Please see the list of walks for 2009 that is attached. These were chosen by voting at the AGM from walks suggested by members.
Here’s the list of Aycliffe Fell Walking Club walks for 2008